Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Apostrophe for comma swap the easy way. - 02-22-2010, 12:46 PM

There are a lot of threads about keyboard remapping and people like different things, but the only thing that really bugged me about the Mini9′s keyboard was I felt the apostrophe and comma keys should be swapped, kept hitting the wrong one. If you feel the same here is the easy way to switch. Keep in mind I′m using the standard US input.

Unzip and put the keylayout file in your Library/Keyboard Layouts folder.
Optional: Unzip and put the icons file in there too, see note below.
Log out and back in.
Go to System Preferences/International/Input Menu Tab.
Select Mini9 and check the Show Input Menu
Log out and back in again.
Go to the input menu icon on the upper right of your menu bar.
Select Mini9.

Optional: Go to International and deselect Show Input Menu if you don′t want the icon in your menubar.

Note: the second file is a skull and crossbones icon file I used as the icon for the new keyboard layout. Put it in the same Library/Keyboard folder along with the other one if you want to use it, or use your own. The icns file name has to match the keyboard file name or it won′t work.
Attached Files
File Type: zip (225.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: zip (124.9 KB, 4 views)

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 64G RunCore | 2G Ram | Bios A05 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

Mini 10V
| OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 160G HD | 2G Ram | Bios A06 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

« Mac OS X will not boot | How to increase free space »