Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#11) Old
Default 03-23-2010, 08:36 AM

Got OSX 10.5.6 to install, but had to revert to EFI method and downgrade to A04. I WON! Although, it partly was just for the challenge of getting OSX on as soon as possible, considering I will reinstall with NBI 0.8.4 when I buy Snow Leopard and upgrade BIOS back to A06 (the best way). Thanks for everyone's responses. Can't tell you how great it feels to have succeeded, after trying so many methods. I finally feel like i'm fully part of the myDELLMINI longer an outsider looking in. And as a bonus, in only 10 more posts I think I become a super moderator......well at least I installed OSX. Thanks again everyone.

Mini 10v | A04 BIOS | 2GB RAM | 1.6 Ghz | Bluetooth | Wireless N | 6-cell | Legacy Disabled | USB Wake Support Disabled | Bluetooth Enabled | Windows 7 Ultimate and OSX 10.5.8
  (#12) Old
Send a message via AIM to DVelasco68 Send a message via MSN to DVelasco68 Send a message via Yahoo to DVelasco68
Default 12-03-2010, 03:08 AM

I know this has been asked many, many, many times.... But where is the procedure for installing Snow Leopard if you DO NOT own a Mac... Can you use an external USB CD-ROM drive on a 10v and just install that way???

Can I just copy the istallation CD/DVD onto the hard-drive and just execute it from the HD itself... I can copy the CD/DVD onto the HD before I install the HD easily if it's readable in XP or Windows 7 professional... Again no Mac though...

Dell mini 10v, 2GB Memory, N280 1.66Mhz, 1.3Mp Camera, 56WHr Lithium-Ion Battery (6-cell) Two HD's - 1st -Windows 7(120GB) & 2nd-OS X 10.6.6(16GB SSD) - (soon to be dual boot)

« Dell Mini 9 Hackintosh - VGA Out does not work - Please Help | osx on a mini 9 (dell 910) »