Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Status of SD Slot on 910; Using a Projector - 02-18-2010, 01:58 PM

If I insert an SD card, my Mini9 (10.5.8, NBI 0.8.3, 64GB RunCore) hangs. The mouse doesn't even track. If I then remove it, everything comes back to life.

If I plug the machine into an external screen, it all works OK. If I plug it into a projector (and I've tried several) both the onboard screen and the projector initially display blue, then become garbled and corrupt.

Any thoughts?
  (#2) Old
Default 02-21-2010, 07:49 AM

I had the same problem with my SD card - i bought a big sd card as i only have 16gb onboard and planned to must leave it in. Lots of mystery hangs, and disk not formated errors. In the end i just disabled the card slot in the bios. since then my machine has been rock solid. It's a shame, as the extra space was handy, but on the other hand i moved to 10.6 which freed up tons of space anyway.

your projector problem sounds like the standard mirroring bug - easily fixed. on the other hand 10.5 is noted for having problems with projectors. my real mac book pro would hang every time i plugged in a projector. upgrading to 10.6 fixed that. i've not tried a projector on my dell.

(#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 02-21-2010, 12:27 PM

10.6.2 on a mini9 here. second monitor (not mirror mode though) and hdsc card fine.

mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 16GB STEC SDD | BIOS A06, USB Legacy OFF | No Bluetooth | OSX 10.6.7 | NBI 0.8.5pre w/ ALC268 | Broadcom2Airport
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes

Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here

« Slow Internet on Mini 9 | Mac OS X will not boot »