Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default OSX re-install problem - 02-13-2010, 09:36 AM

Tried to find an answer on forum before posting this. OSX 10.5.6 on Vostro A90 with 16Gb SSD will not boot, so I decided to re-install the OS. Used Mechdrew's NBI installer again, as I had used it sucessfully once. Everything went well until it got to the point where it was time for it to reboot. I had walked away, and when I came back it was audibly popping and would not respond to any input. I cycled power and it started to boot, but it now stops at the apple logo with the twirlie, and then after a while reboots. Tried reinstalling again, but it will not let me mount or re-partition the SSD. When I open Disk Utility and try to erase it says "The underlying task reported failure on exit". When I try to erase the existing partition it says "Operation timed out". When I try to re-partition with a two partition scheme it also times out. When I try to erase free disk space it says "A disk with a mount point is required". The SSD is seen in Disk Utility, and partition is there, but it's greyed out. Any suggestions would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks.

« Password Problem | Sleep in Snow leopard? »