Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Bluetooth flaky - 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM

I have a cheap $2 USB bluetooth dongle that worked fine in Ubuntu. OS X sees it and I am able to see other bluetooth devices. I was able to pair with a Windows 7 laptop and a plantronics headset but communication between the devices did not work. I am unable to pair with an MS Bluetooth 5000 mouse even though the OS sees and identifies the device. Any suggestions? I see that others have bluetooth working on Snow Leopard but is that only with Dell's internal bluetooth card? If that's the case I might fork out the money to buy one.

Mini 9 OS X 10.6.2
  (#2) Old
Default 02-02-2010, 10:53 PM

This isn't on a mini but on an i7 Hackintosh I've got. I had very similar problems. I bought a mini BT adapter from ebay and it was recognised and found my magic mouse which worked fine.

Later though when I added the Apple Keyboard, it would see it and not recognise. I tried unpairing them and it then saw the keyboard but not the mouse!

After a bit of testing, I could establish that it worked with the first device connected, but could see subsequent ones.

In the end I bought a branded one from PC World for £10 and it's worked absolutely fine with multiple devices. I just put it down to the first one being cheap and rubbish

« Connecting DM9 to HD TV via VGA | The age old question - mirroring on Dell Mini 9 .. are there any other ways? »