Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default MAC OS install help w kernel - 01-31-2010, 10:21 AM

I followed the instructions in this
Mini 9 Dual Boot: OSX and Windows 7 using only a Windows Vista Machine for prepartion

I copied the mach kernel file form my dvd image to the thumb drive. However, when type ESC 81 I see the correct USB drive with the osx img, but when I confirm, I tried the "-v" to see diagnostics

I then see the following lines
Loading Darwin/x86
Loading kernel mach kernel
Loading HFS+ file: [MACH KERNEL] from 422eb00.
Loading HFS+ file: [MACH KERNEL] from 422eb00.
/ <--- (that slash is rotating for about two seconds and then it vanished)

the USB drive light is on, so it is obviously recognized. But beyond that nothing happens. I do not see the installation program coming up.

Also I am running A06 bios, could that have any influence on this process?
Also, I am not clear how to call that DellEFI app, when I boot the smaller drive there doesnt appear to be an option to call it. When I boot that drive (instead of the mac OS img) I get the message "calling chainbooter" and then nothing happens beyond that.

Update: I tried a second USB drive o ensure the loading problem was not related to the hardware I use. The boting also stops just like with the first usb drive. There must be an issue with the file that is loaded or th ebootloader I am using...

Can anyone help me to get beyong this point?

bios, kernel error, mac os x

« size reduction tips | Mechdrew guide. Issue during post-install »