Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Error coming up whil trying to install OSX from USB please help! - 01-30-2010, 12:57 PM

I need some assitance, I am trying to load osx on my mini9 which I just bought using the very helpful gizmodo guide to do it:

How To: Hackintosh a Dell Mini 9 Into the Ultimate OS X Netbook - Dell mini 9 hackintosh guide - Gizmodo

I have sucessfully created the partitions, loaded osx, syslinux etc on my USB. However when I am on step 10 and the booter loads I get the following message:

"SYSLINUX 3.84 2009-12-18 EBIOS Copyright 199-2009 H....
Could not find Kernel image: linux
At this stage if I type "80" to boot off the stick it states could not kind kernel image: 80.

Any ideas as to problem/solution.

P.S. On step 9, it asks you to copy over "sudo cp /mach_kernel /Volumes/OSXDVD" using terminal on mac, when I do this it asks me for a password, since I have not got one created I just type enter and I do not get any confirmation/unconfirmation that the files have been copied over sucesfully or not. Could this be the issue? If so what could the password be.

Thanks in advance.

macosx help loading

« Sleep with lid close/bluetooth problem | Function Z, Function X.... »