Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default A question about installation - 01-21-2010, 08:03 PM

Okay, I'm looking at this guide here

NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

The older version of it is here

Old Full | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

I started following the older one due to an outdated link then found the newer one, so now I'm trying to follow that. I can't follow either of these guides exactly, so I'm wondering if my differences will cause an problems. I don't have access to a Mac so I'm following the Windows only versions.

With the newer version it says I'm supposed to make a .iso of the OSX disk then change the extension to .img, I have a .dmg version of it. Can I change it to .img without any problems?

In either version I have a 1 TB external HDD instead of an 8 or 16 gb flash drive or cd rom. I can't really afford to go out and buy a new 16 gb flash drive, so can I just use the HDD? I'd like to solely use the HDD if possible, but have a 4 gb flash drive I can use. The old version wants me to use TransMac, but I can't create a small 10 gb Mac partition, I have to do the entire drive. Can the program in the newer version do that?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm mainly concerned about my external HDD, it's pretty expensive and I'd hate to cause any irreparable damage to it and would rather have it work with Windows than Mac.

« Speedstep not working and no chameleon bootoptions | No Loader »