Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Blew Up OSX on my 9 Mini, Uh...Help? - 01-18-2010, 04:03 AM

I have had OSX installed on my Mini for nearly a year now and finally decided to update the OS to 10.5.1 to 10.5.6, I followed the latest Mech guide. I ran NBI0.8.3, ran the update, rebooted, got a gray screen with scattered black lines across the screen. I was able to reboot in safe mode, ran NBI0.8.3 again, rebooted and now it tells me that the hibernate image is too old. I have tried some commands to turn it off, nothing works. I am able to get it to where I am at the 'boot' prompt but nothing works. I have lastly tried to either fix, or re-install from my retail OSX disc, however, I cannot get my 9 Mini to boot to the CD, I have tried the BIOS menu, holding down 'C', it will only boot into the broken OSX installation and I I get is a light blue screen after booting. I have let it sit there for hours and it proceeds no farther. The USB CD Drive and OSX install disc are the originals that I used to install it originally and I have verified that both the drive and the disc work on another PC.

Any ideas at all? I am all good with reinstalling OSX as I have backed up all the data prior to do the update, but I cannot even get to that point. Ugh!

Black Dell Mini 9 - 2GB Ram - 16GB SSD - Bluetooth - 1.3mp Camera - OSX 10.5.6

blue, gray, hibernate, osx, upgrade

« remove bluetoothfix | Help a noob? »