Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default At boot, not getting gray screen with progress bar - 01-16-2010, 03:48 PM

I recently decided to reinstall OSX 10.5.6 and am using mechdrew's NetbookInstaller 3 method. Following the guide, I got to the 10.5.8 update and it locked up with 2 minutes remaining. I rebooted, but never got the grey screen with the progress bar(which I was expecting so that I could get into safe mode)

After several tries, I gave up and decided to start over. I reinstalled 10.5.6, and ran the Netbook Installer App. I rebooted and still didn't get the gray screen with the progress bar. All I get is the spinning cursor, then the gray screen with the Apple logo and round spinner.

I am able to run to 10.5.6 just fine, but am concerned about the 10.5.8 update, as I don't seem to have the option to get into safe mode.

Any ideas?

(#2) Old
Default 01-16-2010, 10:00 PM

The new does not have a blue progress bar bootloader.
That might be why you do not see it.

Vostro A90 2GB RAM/16 GB SSD/16GB SDHC/0.3 Web Cam/Bluetooh/10.6.2/NBI 0.8.3/8-Cell battery
  (#3) Old
Default 01-16-2010, 10:05 PM

Figured it out. I had to hold down the 'shift' key at boot.

« Where to download netbookcd 1.1? | remove bluetoothfix »