Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Complete Newbie having Mini 9 Sleep issues - 01-14-2010, 11:45 PM

Hi guys, please excuse my complete ignorance of OS X and Hackintoshs in general. I purchased a Mini 9 (16 GB SSD, 1 GB RAM) at Christmas, and yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and turn it into a Hackintosh. So far I am really impressed with it, and can't believe the speed of it compared to the XP SP3 it came preinstalled with.
However, I have one outstanding problem with it, and despite trawling the web for a considerable number of hours, I have been unable to resolve it.
The problem is that if it goes to sleep, either through lack of use, or if I close the lid, the only way I can get back onto the device is to hold down the power button until it turns off and then turn it back on again.
I downloaded the OSXRestart_V1.5.kext, but don't really know where to copy this to on the device. The files mentioned in the help for this application didn't seem to be on my system.
I really would appreciate any help that anyone could give me as I am completely new to OS X and Hackintoshs.
As far as I can remember, I used Netbook CD_0.8.3.iso to build the device, and it is currently at 10.6.2.
Many thanks
  (#2) Old
Default 01-15-2010, 03:08 AM

The restart kext should be installed already as part of NBI, and is for restarting not sleep.

Did you change the BIOS setting on your USB Legacy to disabled? That is the #1 problem with this machine.

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.7 | NBI 20100616212351| BIOS 05 | 32 GB Runcore | 2 GIGS RAM
10V | OS X 10.6.7 | NBI 20100616212351 |BIOS 06|160 GB|1 GIG RAM| 6 Cell Dell Battery
Functioning Hibernation

Back up Mini 9| OS X 10.6.7| NBI 20100616212351| BIOS 05 | 32 GB SuperTalent | 2 GIGS RAM
  (#3) Old
Default I fixed it ............. somehow - 01-15-2010, 07:30 AM

Many thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I kept working away at the Dell last night and I managed to get the Sleep function working perfectly.
What I did was to run the NetbookCD application again and this created a new bootloader and added the necessary Mini 9 files . However, when I next rebooted, there was no bootloader installed and no OS was found. After re-enabling USB in the Bios, I was able to restart via the NetbookCD again and once I was logged on, I ran the NetbookCD again, and lo and behold it fixed the sleep problem. It's working perfectly now.
Many thanks to underwhelmed for replying.

mini 5, os x, sleep

« Reoccurring SD Card FS Corruption | Installation Panic Kernel Trap »