Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#21) Old
Default 01-08-2010, 07:06 PM

on both mine and my friends!

we used the type 11 bootloader to install, then netbookinstaller to install the drivers - worked a treat!

many thanks to fruitbat04 and 87vert!!!!

(#22) Old
Default 01-10-2010, 02:34 AM

Good stuff
  (#23) Old
Default 01-10-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Johnorama View Post

i downloaded the old NCD_1.1_leo.iso file and tried that...

surprisingly it got past the screen and now gets to the screen with the apple milky way background and a spinning colored pinwheel icon in the corner - nothing seems to happen. after about 15 mins the colored pinwheel vanished just leaving the background - after another 15 mins nothing had happened so i pressed the escape key, as soon i pressed it the pinwheel appeared again... but after another 15 mins its still just hanging there...

its good to know i can get past the kernel panic error using the older NCD - theres hope - but does anyone have any idea how i can get past this current issue?

(also - going to try the same disks out on a friends mini 9 tomorrow night - will report back with results of that)

This happened to me once, (I spent a god awful two days trying to get it installed) and I kept getting only to the spinning wheel and background, no further. Turns out, I left an empty sd card adapter in the card reader. (the adapter was to turn minisd into regular sd.) I took the empty adapter out of the card reader, and I was just fine.

« Mini 9 OSX 10.5.8 - Ethernet Stopped Working Properly | a90 external monitor problem - please help »