Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Help installing OSX (following mechdrew's 2 USB guide) - 12-26-2009, 07:58 PM

I am following the guide here NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew to get snow leopard on my mini 9 but after I have prepared the 2 USB sticks and stuck them in my mini 9 (small one next to the power adaptor) I cant get anywhere.
I select to boot from removable device in the boot menu and am greeted by a blinking underscore... that's it... no grey menu to select to boot the second USB drive and install...

Can anyone who has performed this please help?
I set up the USB drives on Ubuntu with both of them completly wiped (no partitions at all as i found 1 persons post who said this helped)

Ok I sorted out the booting problem by finding and using another USB stick and that one seemed to work fine :S not when I try and boot the installer the first thing i get is a kernel panic :S any ideas?
  (#2) Old
Default 12-28-2009, 01:43 PM

Try using different USB ports. Are you using a copy of OS X you made, or did you download it? A lot of the torrents for SL are dirty.

« How can i upgrade to snow ? | 10.6.2 front row is gone »