Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
works - 01-10-2010, 10:34 PM
This is to confirm that this method also works with 0.8.3 final release - even a dummy can do it.....
Basically as this thread has pointed out already use the exact steps on page 1, but use textmate instead of text wrangler, though you may also want to use text wrangler for comparing your file against the one listed on page 4 (workingdsdt.zip). If you haven't done this sort of thing before, as I hadn't, just be careful to compare where you are copying/pasting the code to the one listed here in the thread-that's likely the part that needs the greatest care.
Here's a couple of helps:
1. I was running 10.6 w/o the 10.6.2 update / final release. So first I did the apple update, (Brew a cup of coffee or tea) and don't forget to run your netbook installer after the update finishes, but BEFORE you restart your mini.
2. Download and install textwrangler : Bare Bones Software | Download TextWrangler OR use textmate since textwrangler is not working for everyone.
3. Dowload iASLme (if you can't access it with rapidshare you can get it with an account on insanely mac forum and go here: DSDT disass+compile: newer IASL=less compile errors+more opti - InsanelyMac Forum6
4.Don't open iASLme, but literally drop your dsdt.aml file on the app icon (basically follow the instructions on page 1 of this thread.)
5. After you go through the steps to decompile and copy/paste new code, then you can just save that new dsl file in a folder somewhere and then again drag and drop it on iASLme app and it will save out the new aml file in the same spot, THEN you use that to replace the existing one in the Extra folder.
6. Then replace three files in the Extra>mini9ext folder (applehda.kext, ioaudiofamily.kext, and alc268.kext)
7. Run update extra.
This is kind of repetitive of page 1, but I hope the little details I added for someone like me that's new to this help a little - If one of the pro's would please correct anything I missed - we all appreciate it, Thanks
Join Date: Apr 2009
01-12-2010, 02:44 AM
01-12-2010, 02:50 AM
I haven't done extensive testing and I'm not super savvy at this, but I've been running 10.6.2 thanks to the netbook installer .8.3 final release, and I feel comfortable saying ALL of the big issues, yes, but a few things have needed tweaking, ie getting a second display going, etc, just small issues with easy solutions. If you want a more technical answer, you may want to visit meklort's blog: Meklort's Blog and/or the google page for this project: netbook-installer - Project Hosting on Google Code
If you're looking to install - I say by all means - do it - you won't regret it. I haven't had any problems with software, updates, all of the "out of the box" features and programs in Snow Leopard...its a great system, and on a netbook no less!
|audio microphone snow|
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.