Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Talking Snow Leopard on Mini 9 install - Unsupported CPU halt at preboot - FIX - 12-01-2009, 08:23 PM

After some googling and coming up empty handed I went on my own to find this fix for this strange issue for those getting the Unsupported CPU and "Hold the power button down to shut down and restart this machine". Sorry I didnt take pictures, but you should know what I am talking about if you get this error.

To fix: (these are post-install instructions)

Boot the machine using the NetbookCD_0.8.3rc4 (if you dont have it I cant see how you got this far)

Using the NetbookCD boot into your installed SL install (amazingly you wont get that panic this time)

You may or may not get the "Attach a Keyboard" screen. If you do, attach one and follow the addendum instructions. Your machine will then identify your keyboard and you will continue into the setup. Complete all these steps as normal

Your machine MIGHT boot with the wireless working. If you have wireless internet, this is the time you want to download the NetbookInstaller. If you have it already, GOOD MAN! Youre ahead. Run it, and make sure you install the old mirror friendly gma950 kext. Im not 100% positive this is necessary, but it killed one of my prior installs by not using it.

ADDENDUM: (use only if you get the "No keyboard screen") Download and copy the PS2 kext files of your choice to your /system/library/extensions and delete your extensions.mkext file so that your system sees the new kext files. There are many of these files that are Mini friendly, so simply search the board.

Reboot the machine, without the NetbookCD (aka boot the machine as you normally would) and the mini 9 should start right up EVERYTHING working as normal.

Hope this helps. Only 10 hours of my life spent dealing with frustration.

(#2) Old
Default 11-05-2010, 07:59 AM

I tried this like 5 times now as someone suggested it took 4 attempts before it worked for them. However, I still have the same error. Am I missing something?

snow leopard, unsupported cpu

« How should I proceed? | Bluetooth Is Stuck »