Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default usb ports - 11-23-2009, 03:19 AM

non of my usb ports are working

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

now the wireless mouse is working but every thing else i plug in want work. i rebooted with the mouse plugged in. and it saw the mouse. when i plug the phone in and reboot it saw the phone but nothing else. runing osx never had a problem till now. the mouse is working so i upluged the mouse and plugged the phone in the same port and it dont see the phone . but i pluged the mose back in and the mouse works.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

okay! check this out. what ever i want to use in the usb ports i have
to plug in and reboot for it to see it. if i reboot with nothing plug in
it want see nothing
  (#2) Old
Default 11-23-2009, 10:48 AM

That's weird. You surely have tried the basic voodoo: Disable USB Legacy and Wake from USB in the BIOS, re-run Netbookinstaller and reboot?

Some info on your system might be useful: BIOS version, OS version, install type? Maybe your Mini is on an older BIOS that doesn't like the newer installs (A05 is latest, IIRC).

Can you boot from some other OS and make sure it's not a hardware issue?
  (#3) Old
Talking 11-23-2009, 11:44 PM

osx 10.5.8

booted from windows and works great.

did the basic voodoo nothing

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

i got it ! ran the latest Netbookinstaller 0.8.3.rc4 and that fixed it.

thanks for the help.

« 10.5.x non-sleep-related speaker crackle solutions? | Vostro A90 sleep issues »