Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default mach_kernel error 10.5.8 upgrade - 11-15-2009, 10:37 PM

I followed the NBI instructions exactly and got the mach_kernel error. Using the hint to type mach-kernel at the boot "blank" at the bottom of the mac boot screen works fine for me. Unless there is a clear indication that editing the bootlist line is foolproof, I'm staying with the fix oioaoi supplied. Thanks.

Mini 9 with Stec 32gb ssd, wifi, bluetooth, 1.3 camera. Most everything works perfectly. Bluetooth toolbar indicator comes and goes but BT works AOk with my wireless mouse and keyboard. CD sharing pref option did not appear in the sharing pref pane after installing the OS 10.5.8 upgrade, but I found a fix at this link.

How To REALLY Enable Remote Disc (DVD Drive Sharing): Non-Air Macbook | Jason Evangelho (dot) com

CD sharing still does not show up in the Mini 9 sharing prefpane, but remote disc pops into the devices section of the Finder sidebar.

« Weird Audio In/Out in DM-9 under 10.5.8 | how to turn on camera port in os X SL? »