Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Unable to install OS X 10.5.8 combo updater - 11-09-2009, 03:15 PM

My Mini 9 was running 10.5.8 with no problems but I decided to install the latest Chameleon bootloader & that's when the trouble started. Unable to get it fixed, I decided a fresh install of Leopard was in order.

The 1st time was with NetBootMaker0.8.2 on an 8GB thumb drive with the 10.5.8 Combo updater on the drive. The basic OS X install went fine but when the 10.5.8 updater was installed the installer script hung with about a minute remaining. After an hour & a half I restarted & tried again but no OS was found.

I made a new USB drive using NetBootMaker0.8.3 & tried again. There was no startup screen after reboot so I restarted & did the -x thing & was able to finish setting up Leopard. When I installed the 10.5.8 updater again it stalled at the same point with about a minute remaining. It's been 2 hours & the progress bar hasn't moved beyond the minute remaining point. It doesn't seem to be frozen because the Spotlight icon is pulsing.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

It's a 32GB RunCore SSD & there's 2GB RAM.

Dell mini 9, 2GB RAM, 32GB RunCore SSD, OS X (10.6.7)

« Create Install USB from a PowerPC? | 10.5.8 - Extremely long boot times just started »