Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#11) Old
Default 11-06-2009, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by FatherVic View Post
I bought one to replace my cheap Rocketfish bluetooth mouse. I am not a big fan of the my A90 trackpad. I love it. It is the greatest thing to happen to my dell mini. I just wish it came with a carry case for travel. Guess I'll have to make one.

Anyone else having an issue with bluetooth in 10.6.1? After sleep, I have to delete the mouse profile (and my headset) in order to reconnect them. Even a reboot will not work until they are reconnected. Just asking.
Mine works fine in all scenarios though I did use the Bluetooth Terminal Mod
which may/may not help in your case

Dell Mini 10v | N270 | A04 | 2GB RAM | 160GB | Mac OS 10.6.6 | Bluetooth | Usb Legacy OFF
DropBox Referral
  (#12) Old
Default 11-07-2009, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by jaraeez View Post
Mine works fine in all scenarios though I did use the Bluetooth Terminal Mod
which may/may not help in your case
I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
  (#13) Old
Default 11-07-2009, 05:50 PM

I've not tried out mine on my Mini 9 since I'm still running Leopard. However, on my MacBook Pro it works really well. Probably wouldn't have bought it if I had realised there was currently no middle-click function. Hopefully they'll fix that with a driver update (something like two fingers on the mouse clicking).

Dell Mini 9, Black, 16GB STEC SSD, 2GB RAM, Bluetooth, Webcam, OSX 10.6.2, 77Wh battery, Apple Magic Mouse

Dropbox, keeping my address books, bookmarks and much more synced across multiple machines): Dropbox referral URL
  (#14) Old
Default magic mouse easier click mod - 11-08-2009, 11:32 PM

hey guys. if any of the rest of you find the click too firm on the magic mouse, you can open it up (use ifixit instructions) and bend the spring inside so it's flatter.

I still hope that apple will update the driver to allow tap click, but in the meantime this magic mouse mod makes it easier to use.

p.s. the plastic rails are stuck in with extruded plastic legs, so those have to be cut off to reassemble...luckily the aluminum battery cover hold them. I am thinking to replace them with polyethylene or teflon, since they don't slide smoothly enough for me.

« Install 10.5.6 with some problems | Create Install USB from a PowerPC? »