Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Need help getting SL installer to boot on my Vostro a90 - 10-25-2009, 12:30 PM

I just got my new Dell Vostro a90 a few days ago with a 32gb SSD and I want to put Snow Leopard on this bad boy. I got the SL retail disc copied with TransMac onto an 8gb flash drive, and DellMiniBoot on a 2gb MicroSD that I'm using through USB via my phone. I've run in to some problems, though.

First one is, I have to swap the flash drives when booting in order for it to work. If I don't, it won't even make it into DellMiniBoot. If I do get into DellMiniBoot, and type 82 after hitting escape to choose a drive, the thing just stops at "No loader." I'm confused here. I thought I did everything right.

I'm working with a Vista machine, and I don't have a Mac. I don't have an external CD drive either.

Could the problem be that I'm using an SD card that's connected through my phone? Or could it be that I'm trying to boot the SL install from DellMiniBoot instead of NetbookCD?

« It required a complete reinstall to get Airport working again | trying to install OSX on mini 9 w/ a flash drive »