Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Help - Dellmini 9 OSX 10.5.7 - 10-20-2009, 07:38 PM

I searched mutiple forums and have yet to find a fix for my problem. I was having some issues with the bluetooth so I decided to download the newest DELLEFI. Upon searching I found out that DELLEFI had been replaced by Netbookinstaller. I accidently downloaded the NetbookBootMaker 0.8.2 Final instead and ran it against my current Mac OSX partion instead of putting it on a USB stick. Now when I boot up I receive a kernel error. I am able to boot into "safe boot" by holding the "shift key", but I am unable to resolve the problem. Everytime I boot normally I get the panic error which tells me to reboot. I tried repairing the permissions using the disk utility but that didnt help. I am on vacation so I dont have the original Mac DVD with me. If some can help me to resolve the problem it would be much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

I did finally get things back up and running. I reran the DellEFI 1.2 alpha 5 from safe boot and was able to get back to where I was previously. I still am unable to turn off the bluetooth
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 10-20-2009, 07:59 PM

Maybe something in this thread....

Transitioning From DellEFI to NetbookInstaller

mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 16GB STEC SDD | BIOS A06, USB Legacy OFF | No Bluetooth | OSX 10.6.7 | NBI 0.8.5pre w/ ALC268 | Broadcom2Airport
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes

Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here

« It's been a while... | Cannot get around Ubuntu boot! »