Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Noobie Question - re install EFI? - 10-12-2009, 03:38 AM

Hi I installed OSX using the MSI Wind Slipstream method... I noticed more than a few of you have listed that you can update to 10.5.7 if you re-install EFI to the latest version...

I can't seem to find instructions on how to re-install the Dell EFI program... Any help or walkthroughs someone can point me to?
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to mechdrew
Default 10-12-2009, 04:26 AM

Sorry, won't work for you. You used a hacked up distribution that is, besides probably not being paid for, not compatible with the methods detailed on this site. The drivers have been modified beyond repair and updates will never install correctly. Go get a retail (paid for) version and then you can install like the rest of us. That's just the way it is.

Dell Mini 10v | Mac OS X 10.6.2 | XP Home | Windows 7 Home | 2GB RAM | 160GB HDD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: ON | BT: None | NBI 0.8.3 Final - News and Guides for Installing Mac OS X via NetbookInstaller - Now on Twitter

« Vostro A90-SL need help with external monitor & Canon software install | Mac Game Resolutions »