Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Vostro A90-SL need help with external monitor & Canon software install - 10-12-2009, 03:31 AM

Hello all, I have a few questions about my new machine. I'm very new to hackintoshing, but just purchased my a90 and have been mostly successful in installing Snow Leopard. I'm trying to install Digital Photo Professional, Canon's software for tethering their DSLR cameras. When I attempt to install the software, I receive a message telling me that my screen resolution is too low to complete the install. My first impulse was to plug in an external screen and set that as my main display, and then attempt the install again, but when I plugged in an external monitor, it was all jacked up, etch a sketch style. I've tried running Dell EFI, but i'm pretty sure i'm not doing it correctly, I think i need a primer.

Other problems i'm having are:
No microphone and
when the computer wakes from sleep, I have no trackpad.

Thank you for all your help, sorry to be posting such basic questions. If anyone has had success tethering a Canon Camera, I would really appreciate any help you might be able to provide....

« Snow Leopard and Monolingual | Noobie Question - re install EFI? »