Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Bluetooth question - 09-28-2009, 07:25 AM

I run on my mini 9 OS X 10.5.7. It recognizes my SE k600i and SE W302i and I can browse their files and use them as modems. Even K600i works like bluetooth mouse. I have also iPhone 2g - jailbroken with Cydia. It pairs with the mini, but doesn't offer any services. It is same with my PC with linux. With windows haven't tested since I don't have any drivers for it.
Actually I don't know what exactly offers the bluetooth of the iPhone, but I wonder is it normal to show no services.

(#2) Old
Default 10-01-2009, 05:09 PM

iPhone bluetooth is locked down. It can only do audio mono and with 3.0 audio stereo. No data transfer, no external devices such as keyboards, nothing. Same goes for 3g, 3gs, ipod touch 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen. Sorry.

It has to do with the bluetooth stack, and unless someone writes one for cydia, which I'm sure many have tried but none I'm aware of have succeeded, there is no way to do anything else with bluetooth on your iphone. (Technically I believe the iPod+nike thing is bluetooth but I've not had confirmation and I've not read of anyone figuring out how they isolated it.)

bluetooth, iphone, mini 9

« The [not so] Definitive Guide to a Minimalist Mac Setup | Extra spaces appear in text while typing »