Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Does anyone's mini 9 get QE/CI supported? - 09-22-2009, 02:05 PM

I followed the offical method to install SL and everything was fine
except could not get QE/CI supported?

I have tried many method but still can't...

pls help.....

thank you...
  (#2) Old
Default 09-22-2009, 06:43 PM

Well, OS 10.6 doesn't seem to list whether or not Quartz and QuartzGL are enabled in the System Profiler anymore. So seeing "Quartz, QuartzGL Supported: Yes" will not happen even if the GPU does, in fact, support acceleration. Anyone have a better way to determine if Quartz and QuartzGL are enabled in Snow Leo? I have both enabled on my mini 9, but I have not upgraded from OS 10.5.8 yet. Honestly, now that NetbookInstall 0.8.3 is out, it seems like the sound problems are disappearing, so the only thing holding me back from 10.6 would be a lack of Quartz/QuartzGL composition and UI acceleration.
  (#3) Old
Default 09-22-2009, 07:01 PM

Its seems snow leopard no longer shows QE/CI status in system profiler. Apple removed the status. I followed this instructions and found that my Vostro A90 passes the QE/CI test for all of the methods:
Quartz Extreme and Core Image in Snow Leopard | Prasys' Blog
I didn't feel any lag in any video/animation or screensaver to feel that QE/CI is not enabled. Boot time is also fast 30-40 sec for boot and 5-8 sec for shutdown. I am using the stock Vostro A90 with 8GB STEC SSD and 1GB RAM using GUID partition.
  (#4) Old
Default 09-23-2009, 03:02 PM

Well, I jumped in and upgraded to OS 10.6. I am not having any graphics problems--things seem similar to the way they were in OS 10.5.8. If you are having glitches, I would suggest reinstalling the NetbookInstaller 0.8.3rc program and making sure that you install all the kexts and a custom dsdt file.

« Newbie: 'white noise' coming from the speakers on fresh 10.5 install | mini 9 has no bluetooth »