Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Trying to install OSX causing misery and strife - 09-22-2009, 04:09 AM

Most unfortunately I'm typing this on my mini running Win7. I've been trying now for some time to install OSX, I thought I had it a few times, but now I have one nearly bricked ipod, pretty sure I can salvage it, one Vostro 1500 trying to rebuild win7 so it will start, and transmac running on my girlfriend's HP trying to make a new OSXDVD image, hoping that's been my problem.
I've tried using boot8.02b1 or whatever it is but my mini won't start with that, always get the grey screen. so I've used 8.01 and it'll let me install, always fails, restart like the guides say, hoping it'll go with no luck. I get the apple screen, sometimes with the little grey wheel at the bottom for a moment, then grey screen with pointer in upper corner. I can move the pointer around, but it stays that way till I power down. I've tried -x, -f, -v when booting after install, but it always does the same thing.

So I'm now trying to learn how to type well on this small keyboard, but I have a functional OSX10.5.8 running with wifi, sound and everything else I've tried so far. Now to make an image of this drive before I screw it us so I can just drop it back on. Sorry to take up so much space. Thanks for all the info on the forum it's the only way I got this done.

« Why I still choose OSX over Win 7 on my Mini 9 | Help! Seem to have broken my hackintosh'd Mini! »