Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Help! Seem to have broken my hackintosh'd Mini! - 09-21-2009, 11:08 PM

I would be grateful for any help in very basic simple terms (Im completely new at this!) - I bought a Dell mini 9 because I have a Mac and I was told that with Hackintosh I could sync things between the two. So, a friend loaded it all on for me and set up Fruux and all appeared to be fine.
BUT ( theres always a but!) Following an unexpected power down ( I removed the battery by mistake) I cannot now do anything - when I press power-on, the system starts to boot - says its loading Darwin - then I get the Apple symbol, then the screen goes grey with a black box with power on/off symbol in background - telling me I need to restart my computer in several languages.
I have tried restarting and the typing x and -f at boot up ( I dont know why other than I was reading forum helps) - nothing works...

so any help really gratefully recived - but please make it simple!!

Many thanks
  (#2) Old
Default 09-22-2009, 09:50 PM

Grey with a black box you described is a kernel panic. On a mac, it's usually a RAM issue. Here, (in very basic terms) I think your computer has lost track of some files so it's showing the panic. Really, the easiest thing to do is to get your buddy to re-install the hack.

« Trying to install OSX causing misery and strife | 10.5.8 Battery Life Indicator »