Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#11) Old
Default 02-07-2010, 01:00 PM

Just recently managed to get OSX 10.6 installed on my mini 9, found a couple of issues with it running slow, this also seemed to be after doing the software update from apple updates, so done a fresh install without the updates. This has improved web browsing speed (mouse constantly stopping during web browsing) but i am also now experiencing the above where the wireless download speed on battery will not go above 20kbs, when plugged into mains it max outs at 200+ kbs. I can only imagine this is some power saving feature in OSX????

This is definately specific to the mini 9 with OSX as windows on the mini works fine and all other pcs and latops here also work fine on the wireless. Im reluctant to do the 10.6.2 upgrade due to my previous experience of it slowing down the mini 9, also i already have 2GB RAM although am still running the stoc 16GB STC SSD....
  (#12) Old
Default 02-20-2010, 04:01 PM

Not sure if this is the issue, but, seems to have solved some people's wi-fi issues.

Flash your Dell/Broadcom cards to AirPort Extreme!

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.7 | 2GB | 16GB STEC | .3Mp | No BT |
BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: OFF | Bluetooth: OFF | NBI .8.4 RC1.1 (20100616212351)
Sleep: Working | Speakers: Working | Headphone Jack: Working

dell mini 9, osx, wireless connection

« Bluetooth issue with bios A06 | Status of SD Slot on 910; Using a Projector »