Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default 10.5.4 issues and upgrade to 10.5.8 - 09-13-2009, 08:19 PM

Hey there,
I recently decided to put OSX on my mini 9 and through a combination of new and old guides online i managed to get a slipstreamed version of 10.5.4 (designed for an MSI wind) onto my mini 9. That in itself isnt without its issues:

- Initial install is ok but no sound/bluetooth wi-fi
- After fixing bluetooth and wifi, shuts down ok
- After fixing sound, when shutting down screen goes black but power light stays on and doesnt complete shutdown
-Sleep doesnt work, when resuming it freezes on the screen from activating sleep.

That aside i decided i needed to update to 10.5.8 somehow. I used the standalone installer to go from .4 > .5 and all went well except this breaks bluetooth and the screen sticks at 800 x 600

Updating there from .5 > .6 renders the touchpad and keyboard useless so i gave up and started again.

Software update from .4 > .8 sends the mini crazy, no keyboard or mouse (Suddenly searches for bluetooth ones?) Screen resolution all weird, and i think bluetooth was broken.

So what im asking for is:

- How do i get to 10.5.8
- If thats not possible, how do i fix the current issues.

Thankyou so much for your time on reading this thread and i hope you can help me out.
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 09-13-2009, 08:32 PM

Start from scratch and follow the guides published here. We don't support hacked distributions (MSI/Kalyway/etc), sorry.

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old
Default 09-13-2009, 08:36 PM

Yeah ive just found a very useful guide right here on the forum.

Im going to go through that which should put me on 10.5.5 and go from there. I realise i should have found this before instead of using the hacked distro.

10.5.4, 10.5.8, bluetooth, resolution, update

« fix choppy flash playback on firefox osx | BootLoader Software »