Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Help Request-Blue Screen Freeze on 10.5.8 Update - 09-06-2009, 12:44 AM

Hello All,
I made a major blunder today and I humbly hope that you folks can save my sorry butt. I am using Chameleon v1.0.12 and up until today I literally had zero probelms with my Mini9 OSX install - it was running like a champ.
But I decided to update today from 10.5.6 to 10.5.8 to stop that stupid little update notification from bothering me. Upon updating I ran into the typical errors described by many other folks (the white screen with dashed lines specifically) so I used these instructions to get past that:
1- I booted into safe mode using -x,
2- Ran DellEFI 1.2a5 from a usb drive
3- Chose "Custom" DellEFI and removed the custom dsdt.aml file
4- Rebooted
5 -Booted into safe mode again using -x
6- Ran the DellEFI 1.2a5 from my usb drive and chose Custom DellEFI and installed the Mini 9 Extensions and recreate custom dsdt.aml file (I can't recall if I had anything else checked here unfortunatley)
7- Reboot again... And here is where I get stuck.
Upon reboot, I see the Apple Logo and spinning gear then it dumps to a blue screen. I figured "ok, let me get back to safe mode and rerun DellEFI 1.2a5 again". I cycle power and hit a key when the bootloader comes up and type -x. Boots same as before and dumps to a blue screen again.
I have tried numerous boot options in BIOS (disabling/enabling all boot options) but I still can't get past this screen. I have booted with -v to try and see where an error may be but the screen scrolls by too fast for me to get a good read.
Thanks for the time and sorry for such a long post. I will post more details if any of you folks need them. Any help at all is appreciated!
  (#2) Old
Default 10-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Have you ever figured this out? I'm running into the exact same problems and have not found a's been days!
  (#3) Old
Default 10-22-2009, 01:28 PM

I had the same problem only after using the VGA out. Not sure if this will help you. Pulled the battery and power. (complete power off). After putting the battery back in, putting power back in, power up and everything is fine.

blue screen, mini 9, osx

« XBOX HD DVD Drive with Mini 9 | OSX 10.6 sound issue.. »