Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Updated to 10.5.8...buggered...white screen after darwin boot - 08-30-2009, 11:30 PM

Hey, ran combo updater, thinking that OSX would boot then I could run DellEFI which resides on my SSD, but it won't boot. It gets to the darwin screen, the screen goes blue, then white with jagged black lines across it, no icons or anything.

I thought I'd just install XP, but the nLited XP method doesn't seem to work with a USB drive > 2-4gb, the PeToUSB app fails because my USB is 16gb. Even so, I'm guessing my dellmini wouldn't like the boot disc even if it was 2gb, because it is now a mac, expecting mac boot disc.

So, that leads me to creating some kind of Mac boot disc, but I don't know what tools to use, I just want to get the OS booted up.

Or, I'd like a suggestion on how to format and install my nLited XP. Thanks so much!!
  (#2) Old
Default 08-31-2009, 08:43 PM

Try this method: OS X | mechdrew
Very simple I think. You only need 1 usb-key or usb-HD a Mac and an install disk 10.5.x

« mini.keylayout no longer working | Wipe the Harddrive »