Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default unable to see a windows ipod from my mini9 (OSX) - 08-26-2009, 11:43 AM

I'm unable to see my (windows formatted) ipod from my mini 9 running os x (10.5.7 installed and updated using DellEFI 1.2 alpha 5) niether as disk drive nor from itunes.

Same ipod is perfectly visible/usable from my iMac.

Is it normal? is there something I can do to fix it?

(#2) Old
Expert Member
Default 08-26-2009, 07:27 PM

I have a 80G 5th gen (video) iPod formatted for Windows because I use it with multiple computers. My mini9 running 10.5.6, then .7 and now .8 can see it just fine. I've used iTunes and have moved songs around and added and deleted items from my iPod with my mini9. An older PPC (G4) Mac and a Vista machine both access it also.

I'd suggest using your Windows machine to make sure you have the latest iPod firmware for whatever model you have. I did have to play around with cables, some of the 3rd party ones I have didn't work. I've used all 3 different USB ports on my mini so I can't see that being an issue.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral

« Unable to see 3G modem | Revert back to Windows from OS X »