Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#21) Old
Default 08-24-2009, 05:50 AM

If you are interested to save a few more dollors, yongyan168's ebay store has a converter for $20.59 (e.g., try 120460412520) with free s/h. You can get for almost $18 after ebay bucks and bing 10% cashback. This is probably of the same make as the monoprice. I just ordered mine, but since it gets shipped from abroad, it might take a few weeks.
  (#22) Old
Post 09-27-2009, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by h00ktern View Post
For only $24.36 each when QTY 50+ purchased - VGA to RCA | S-VIDEO | VGA Converter | Analog Video Converter

Affirmative. Works on mini 9, Dell Latitude, Sony UX, Samsung NC10...
Input is a VGA output - Outputs to VGA, S, and Composite - any one or all three at once.

Mirroring requires the older display kext - discussed in other threads.
Anyone know if this works on a Mini 10v!? (running OSX)
  (#23) Old
Default 09-27-2009, 05:14 PM

Just to update, I did purchase the cheaper item on ebay and it seems to work nicely with the mirror friendly option. I don't actually turn on the mirror option, as it for some reason ends up lowering the resolution of the primary display also, so simply drag my window over to the secondary display. One issue I found with the item I bought is that it has too much color saturation, so I have to go into its menu and lower it all the way down, every time I disconnect and connect it back. I don't know if some of these other models have an internal memory to store the previous settings, but if they do, it is worth paying a little extra for that feature.
  (#24) Old
Default 09-28-2009, 01:47 PM

I'll check that on ebay today. Thanks for the tip.

« 10.5.8 Problems | Wi-Fi Problems. Why? »