Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#11) Old
Default Re: Cellular (3G, etc) Wireless in the US - 01-09-2009, 07:20 PM

wow, this is a great forum. After research on here, I am selling my 16gb, xp system on ebey now, and I haveordered another with the att WWan option. It should be here next week. Although i am an avid tinkerer and have solderinmg skills, i am going with the oem option of having dell's antenna, wwan port, etc.

I have since won a verizon USB720 card on ebay, actually i bid on 4 of them and forgot to cancel the others and won 3 of the 4! SO if you're a verizon customer waiting for someone in these forums to sort this out, it's gonna be me.

Once my new system arrives, I will be doing a thread on the exact steps to get this thing up and running with a verizon card, and will be selling my 2 extra USB720's also.

Thank you BombrMan, for your replies!
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Cellular (3G, etc) Wireless in the US - 01-10-2009, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by BombrMan
The forum I was talking about is just As far as the GPS I have tried it extensively but have yet to get a lock. I haven't tried in open sky but from the passenger seat of a car it would not work at all. It may be a set up thing but if it is I haven't found the problem yet.
I have a Dell Latitude D620 with embedded Sprint Card 5720, which is the Dell branded version of the Novatel 720 series. The card works great for EVDO, but I have never been able to get the GPS to work. I've tried hyper terminal and the built in GPS Status function. It is assigned a COM port and seems to work correctly, but it WILL NOT find any satelites. Sounds like you are having the same problem. I have a Mini on the way and would love to use a wwan card for GPS. Has anyone been successful in getting a Sprint gps wwan card to lock in a GPS signal?

« XP and OSX | Parts Purchase Went Easy »