Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#11) Old
Default 05-20-2009, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by WolfKeeper View Post
I saw these same units at Sams Club for about $30 new.
That would be a real good deal if new. Honestly, these look to be new also, other that the white box. As many people on here buy refurb mini's, I wouldn't think that they wouldn't have an issue with a refurb adapter.
  (#12) Old
Retired Mini user
Default 05-20-2009, 10:36 PM

I stand corrected, the one I saw is made by Targus. But it lists for about $26, if you can find one. I checked Sams Club online around my house and found only one location that had any out of five or six.

Getting an iPad
  (#13) Old
Default 05-20-2009, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by gaster View Post
My point is that people's mileage will vary on this one. It's not a sure deal. Not every store will have a refurb at all, let alone one at this much of a reduced price.
Well, Frys tends to be a clearing spot for alot of refurb equipment. I was in two Frys today, the first one this morning had 5 on the shelf, and 10 more up above it. At lunch I went to another one, and they had 8 of them. The price was in this mornings paper:

Dallas Morning News | Dallas - - Fry's Electronics

If it is a really good deal, stuff will be gone in the first hour of opening, but this is a so-so deal. If you don't have a Frys nearby you'd be better of getting the same $20 refurb unit from Newegg. The unit has good review on newegg. - Recertified: Kensington K38050RR 90W Universal Wall Notebook AC Power Adapter

Like I mentioned, $5 cheaper and instant gratification for something I need, so thats a deal for me.
  (#14) Old
Default 05-22-2009, 07:27 AM

I wish we had a frys here in Big Memphis.... but i also with that dell had swapped the apostrophe and the semicolon keys...

« Unresponsive system with new Super Talent ssd | changed ram from cheap corsair to kingston hyper x, seems to lag now »