Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#11) Old
Default 05-16-2009, 10:04 PM

Are any of you guys with the S9's or HT820's able to get the mic to work on the mini 9? I would imagine it would be pretty cool for a webcam session...
  (#12) Old
Default 08-17-2009, 07:02 PM

Has anyone gotten their S9 headsets to work with Ubuntu? I have the S9 HD and it tries to pair (Dell says "bonded") but the headset stays in pairing mode and doesn't work at all.
  (#13) Old
Expert Member
Default 08-18-2009, 03:54 PM

I tried it once to see if it worked with a pair of Jabra headphones. Normally I use this gadget DealExtreme: $25.87 Universal Bluetooth V1.2 A2DP Stereo Receiver Dongle for Speakers with iPod Data Port plugged into my aux port on my home theater where I normally dock my iPod. That way I get nice stereo sound through my home system while I'm watching streaming video on my HDTV driven as an external monitor from my mini9.

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#14) Old
Default 09-22-2009, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by fogcutter View Post
I use the S9 headphones as well and it works with my mini 9 flawlessly. I leave the bluetooth in discoverable mode and when I power up the S9 it finds it and connects automatically and loads the audio gateway. This pairing works better than any other bluetooth gadget I've ever used and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
Fogcutter- I have a mini 9 running XP home w/BT, and got an S9 headset- the computer has added it, but when I try to listen to music, the sound comes out of the mini's speakers, and not the headset- Ideas?

« What size SSD Upgrade for Win7? | SSD Tips »