Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default BIOS upgrade instructions on XP - 04-22-2009, 09:35 PM

Hi all

Recently finished replacing Ubuntu with XP and thought I should maybe give upgrading the BIOS a bash, if only so A04 can fix the XP boot resolution issue.

If anyone knows of any bullet proof instructions (I've never done this before) I'd be greatly appreciated.

Additionally, will I need to upgrade successive BIOS updates? I'm currently on the original BIOS and I'm not sure if I can jump straight to A04 (or maybe A05) or should I complete each individually?

(#2) Old
Default Re: BIOS upgrade instructions on XP - 04-22-2009, 10:55 PM

You can jump right to A5 (released a few days ago).

Windows XP is easy. Just go to Dell's support website and download the Windows version of the bios. It is a .exe file. Save it to your desktop and double-click it. Follow the prompts, and the executable program will take care of the rest. Be sure to have your mini plugged in via AC adapter.

Here is the file you want: ... eid=305029

You want to follow the "Run the BIOS update utility from Windows environment" instructions.

Obsidian Black Dell Mini 9 | Ubuntu 9.04 | 64 GB Runcore SSD | 2 GB KINGSTON HYPER-X RAM | A05 BIOS | US-International Keyboard | Intel WiFi Link 5350 with third antenna | Orange Neoprene Sleeve

« Ubuntu to XP - External CD Drive Not Recognized | 'Spare Part' number for the Dell STEC 32GB SSD? »