Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Super Moderator
Default SSD going bad? - 04-22-2009, 10:59 AM

What's the best/easiest way to tell? BIOS still sees it. At least one partition seems to be formatting properly. However, I seem to have general flakiness with OS'es that get installed. I popped in my XP Home SSD, seemed to work fine. However on my 32 GB SSD, I've done numerous installs and reinstalls of W7 and OS X, and there's always something different going on.

This morning, Airport was connecting to the network, but I couldn't get to the Internet. I went in and tried some changes, got out long enough to open up the stock Safari homepage, and then it went kaput.

Last night, I had blown away the entire SSD to let OS X take it over. One of the times, it wouldn't boot past the Apple logo, despite DellEFI reinstalls. There were other issues before that, but I don't remember what exactly.

We also won't discuss the BIOS flashing fiasco, but I was having issues before that.

Either way, I am suspecting the SSD at this point. So, looking for thoughts. Don't currently have an OS installed, although I am getting ready to put it back to a W7/OS X dual boot config.

Alienware M11xR2 - Core i5 1.06 - 4 GB - 250 GB HD

Triple Boot Guide - 10v RAM Upgrade Videos - mechdrew's OSX guides
  (#2) Old
Default Re: SSD going bad? - 04-22-2009, 11:42 AM

I'd check the system log for scary messages relating to disk access.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

« adding wireless antenna | SDIO »