Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default 9-cell battery from Dell? - 04-20-2009, 06:56 PM

I noticed this morning that the web page for the Vostro A90 says it is available with a 9-cell battery, but I cannot find an option to add/upgrade to one on the website. Is this a fluke? Does anyone know anything about this?

Could be, and maybe I'm just wishful, but maybe Dell is getting on the big battery bandwagon with a 9-cell for the Mini-9. That would be awesome. I'd love to have a beefier power source that doesn't turn my Mini-9 into a blinkenlightsen Christmas ornament.

Ref: ... l=en&s=bsd

His: Obsidian Mini-9: Karmic UNR w/ Vbox-XP, 2gb, 32gb STEC, 16gb Transcend(6), US-INTL, sgpstore carbon
Hers: Arctic Mini-9: Dell Ubuntu, 1gb, 16gb STEC, 8gb SDHC(6)
Are you a Help Vampire?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: 9-cell battery from Dell? - 04-20-2009, 07:25 PM

"Upgrade to a 9-cell battery. Spend more time being productive and less time charging your system with up to 55% more battery life than a 6-cell battery."
Notice they say "than a 6-cell battery"? This seems to be copy-paste from their other product pages, in an attempt to have people buy expensive accessories. The Mini 9/Vostro A90 use a 4-cell battery (2 sets of 2 cells), so an extended battery would most likely be an 8-cell (4 sets of 2 cells). Hopefully Dell releases some form of extended battery, but it'll probably not be a 9-cell. Sorry.

Dell Mini 9 - Obsidian Black | Mac OS X 10.5.6 | 2 GB CAS3 Kingston HyperX RAM | 64 GB RunCore SSD | BIOS A04 | BlueTooth | 1.3MP Webcam

« Dell Mini9 Ubuntu Hardware Upgrade Cost/Benefit | How to get the ULTIMATE performance from your SSD! »