Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default NAND Part numbers on Super Talent 32G SSD card - 04-15-2009, 03:49 AM

Hi there,

I recently bought a mini9 refurbished, following the advice here. I then installed Mac OS X on it. I love it. It is SUPPPEERRR!!! Kudos to all the hackers who made it possible.

Now I want to upgrade the SSD to 32G or more. (It came with 16G). One option is to get a new ssd card. Another option is...

I opened up the SSD card and see that the NAND chips are K9LBG08U0M-PCB0. There are four of them. That must be 4GBytes per chip (matches Samsung's datasheets).

Can anybody tell me what the chip part numbers are on a 32G (or better) card? I'm wondering if it is possible to change just the chips on this board and upgrade the capacity? (hopefully Super talent chip does not lock the capacity using chip id check.)

(#2) Old
Default Re: NAND Part numbers on Super Talent 32G SSD card - 04-15-2009, 04:19 AM

the people that did this on the internal 4gb ssd of the eee's back in the day found that the controller needed to be re flashed (or programmed, whatever the correct term is) for the updated chips. The controller software was only available to people "in" the industry. They were able to get it going, but it was a lot of work.

here is the article ... 1&ie=utf-8

« Parts Bin - MyDellMini users buy/sell/trade | SSD replacement question »