Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Upgrading SSD - 03-29-2009, 02:47 AM

Hello, I recently bought a Dell Mini 9 with the intention of installing Mac OS on it. Currently I have the lowest model(4gb SSD, Ubantu, 512 mb RAM). I have already ordered a 2gb ram upgrade, but i was wondering what type of SSD i should upgrade to. I hear the Runcores are the best, but they are currently out of stock and a little pricey compared to other models of the same amount of memory. I want the hackintosh to be a fast as possible (boot up, shut down, loading programs, daily tasks, etc.) but i don't want to end up spending so much money that i could have just bought an actual mac. Could anyone recommend me a SSD that has great speeds and great price?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Upgrading SSD - 03-29-2009, 03:08 AM

Well I think the only real choice is the RunCore SSDs. I currently don't have one, but they seem to be extremely fast compared to the stock ones. It looks like just a waiting game for Mini's/SSDs....

I also ordered the lowest model, but put 2GBs RAM and 16GBs SDHC in it. It was a wise decision!

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 / Custom XP Pro SP3 / 2GB Mushkin RAM / 4GB Stock SSD / Mini BT USB Dongle / 16GB Class 6 SDHC
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Upgrading SSD - 03-29-2009, 10:41 AM

If you want as fast as possible, you have to go with the RunCore. If you don't want to break the bank, go with the 16 GB or 32 GB. You're still not going to be anywhere near the price of an actual Mac.

« Cheap Super Small Bluetooth Dongle $5.00 | hard drive size to run osx »