Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Which 16gb drive to get - 03-14-2009, 04:56 PM

Well i got a dell outlet mini 9 with a 4gb drive coming in the mail. I would like to know which drive to get in the 16gb range. I know the runcores are the fastest for 32gb, but im hearing they are just average for the 16gb (guess the raid them or something internally). Looks like my choices are a $80 shipped runcore 16gb or a $50 shipped super talent one. For some reason the stock dell 8gb and 16gb go for more then runcores for some reason on ebay. Also do i really need 2gb of ram for web surfing and mp3 vs the 1gb it has in it?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Which 16gb drive to get - 03-14-2009, 05:08 PM

the Runcore 16gb's are not too impressive from what I have read, I would go with the Super Talent. Not to mention the Runcore is impossible to find right now.
As far as the 2gb goes, I highly recommend it as once you disable Pagefile, every bit of memory helps. Try out the 1gb for a while, you may find it is fine for you. But if you run across a good deal on a 2gb sodimm, I would grab it!
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Which 16gb drive to get - 03-15-2009, 03:16 PM

I would recommend making a ram disk and moving your page file instead of deleting it completely. The page file isn't just an overflow area for ram, alot of programs use it even when there's plenty of free ram.

Onyx Mini9 32gb/1gb/1.3mp/XPh/BT/leather case +>600 movies on my home server through

« Internal SDHC Reader is a Bottleneck | bluetooth and wifi on the same card »