Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#21) Old
Send a message via Yahoo to thcrw739
Default Re: Anyone know where to find and buy a 32GB SD upgrade? - 03-07-2009, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by drizek
Dell laptops are actually some of the most upgradeable in the industry, and they have by far the most lenient warranty.

I upgraded the video card, ram, and even the CPU on my last laptop and it did nothing to the warranty. Most manufacturers don't even let you touch half these things, let alone cover them with the warranty.

Must just have been desktops then, & i know they dont make it as hard as they use too.

I mean my desktop is fairly upgradeable, basics like ram, graphics card, even the psu is a standard atx from what i understand.

But they allways do something to get ya, in this case, the ssd
  (#22) Old
Default Re: Anyone know where to find and buy a 32GB SD upgrade? - 03-07-2009, 05:54 PM

I have to disagree! There isnt really a SSD standard right now, and the EEE used this form factor first anyway (the shortie 50mm). Unfortunately for us we are stuck with IDE where the Asus has Sata. But I still cant fault Dell that much, they were likely using what the laptop's maker offered (Compal).

Look on the bright side, at least we dont have Mini 12's Now THAT, I agree they fubar'd BIG time. I rank that stupidity right up there with the atx connectored "Non-atx" power supply issues they had with the older desktops....just DUMB!
  (#23) Old
Default Re: Anyone know where to find and buy a 32GB SD upgrade? - 03-09-2009, 02:10 AM

Just thought I would pass it on that if you go directly to the crucial site 32g ssd is available for $79.99 and free shipping. They also have a good price on 2g memory upgrade for just over $25.

« Crucial vs runcore how much is the diff? | Buying an SSD for the Dell Mini while overseas? »