Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#11) Old
Default Re: How Long Did It Take Your Runcore SSD To Arrive - 02-21-2009, 05:30 AM

I got in on the last backorder run. Ordered on the 9th and it was delivered today. There was somebody from MDD on this board posting about the status in one of the threads. As soon as he said they were in stock, BAM I got the shipping email. It was on my front porch this morning.

FYI, for those that are prospective purchasers, place your order now. They don't charge your card till it ships, but you get onto this list and when the backorder drives come in, it WILL be shipped out. I've got this 32GB drive on my desk as proof.

Black Mini 9 | A04 | 2GB | 32GB Runcore | OS X 10.5.8 | NBI 0.8.3
Wake on USB/Legacy USB: Off | Bluetooth: Not Installed
  (#12) Old
Send a message via AIM to Natlus
Default Re: How Long Did It Take Your Runcore SSD To Arrive - 02-21-2009, 07:24 AM

I guess I got lucky ordered my 16gb on a Monday and got it the following Wednesday.

(#13) Old
Default Re: How Long Did It Take Your Runcore SSD To Arrive - 02-23-2009, 10:45 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I got my RunCore SSD this past weekend. It took about a week and a half from when I ordered it from MDD. This was when it was listed as backorder. So the turn around was a lot faster than I thought it would take. I ordered the SSD and installed Windows 7 Beta on it. I had it on the OEM 8 GB SSD, but I had to vlite out a lot of stuff. However, the extra space is definitely a plus. I noticed that programs and the operating system installs a lot faster. Everything seems a little more responsive too. However, the boot up time seems a tad slower.

« Intel 5100 | Just got my 32GB RUNCORE w/ Benchmarks »