Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Max SDHC Speed? - 02-09-2009, 02:56 AM

What is the maximum speed I should expect to get from an SDHC card in a Mini 9? I'm wondering if there is any reason to spend extra money on an Extreme III with it's claimed 20 Mb/s or if I should just stick with a cheap class 4 or 6.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Max SDHC Speed? - 02-09-2009, 05:48 AM

Mini 9: Black, WinXP, 2GB GSkill RAM, 16GB STEC SSD, Intel 5300 a/b/g/n, BlueTooth, 8 cell battery (11hr runtime)
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Max SDHC Speed? - 02-09-2009, 09:46 PM

Wiki has a good write up in general but not sure it will help in telling you the max speed the the SD slot will run at! Is it mentioned in the machine specs atall?
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: Max SDHC Speed? - 02-09-2009, 11:06 PM

This should give you a rough idea. Found this while checking out the eee forum

Excerpt from Wiki article:

SDHC cards will often also advertise a maximum speed (such as 133x or 150x) in addition to this minimum Speed Class Rating. See section Speeds above for a further explanation. One critical difference between the Speed Class and the maximum speed ratings is the ability of the host device to query the SD card for the speed class and determine the best location to store data that meets the performance required. "Maximum speed" ratings are quoted by the manufacturers but unverified by any independent evaluation process.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64

« Runcore SSD shipping to UK - Stung for VAT? | Prospects of 128GB »