Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#11) Old
Super Moderator
Default Re: BEST use of an SDHC card? - 03-21-2009, 09:38 PM

For those formatting their SDHC as NTFS, exFAT is an alternative file system now supported under XP!

(#12) Old
Default Re: BEST use of an SDHC card? - 03-22-2009, 07:41 PM

First of all, I'm running OS X on both my Mini and my main Laptop, so I'm sure this would be a little more complicated on a windows or linux mini.

I formatted my 16GB Sandisk Ultra II SHDC for OS X and copied my World of Warcraft folder from my main laptop over to the SDHC card. I had originally tried this procedure using a Corsair 16GB USB drive, however, this proved too slow for gaming. The SDHC card, surprisingly, works pretty well. Naturally, the mini is nowhere near a gaming machine, so when I say that I can play World of Warcraft on here, I am not talking about any serious raiding or multiplayer. It does work good for gathering loot (mining, crafting, auction housing, etc) and basic level grinding though.

As a side note, does anyone know what the FASTEST SDHC card that can be used on the Mini 9 is? I was thinking of going with the Sandisk Extreme III, but I've heard of bottlenecking issues on the reader, so I don't want to waste money. Anyone have good results with a particular card?

Dell Inspiron Mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 8GB SSD | White | Webcam | Bluetooth | OS X 10.5.6
Blackberry Curve 8300 For Bluetooth Tethering | World Of Warcraft Running From 16GB SDHC

« Super Talent 16GB benchmark | Webcam between Win7/XP and OSX »