Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Unhappy LCD (LVDS) cable/connector - 02-03-2009, 10:49 PM

Hey all i have been going around and around with Asus because i have a EEE PC 900a that i am trying to get an LCD cable for. I just need an extra one for my project but it seems that they do not sell them.. I found that Dell Mini 9 looks to have the same LCD connector that the EEE PC 900a has? Can anyone confirm this for me? Here is some pictures of what the connector looks like on the EEE PC 900a:
I seem to remember getting a quote for $14.95 from dell for that cable in the Mini 9 but i am unable to talk with them unless i have a service tag number....

It would be great if someone could confirm that the LCD cable in the Asus EEE PC 900a is the same in the Dell Mini 9. And it would also be great is someone could send me a PM telling me a Service tag number so i can use that to at least order one if it does fit! They refuse to connect me to sells without a service tag number first! :evil:

(#2) Old
Default Re: LCD cable/connector - 02-03-2009, 10:51 PM

Looks very similar to our cable. Can't be 100% sure though as you know. Call Dell's 800 Number if you want to order one and you can order parts without a Service Tag.

Alpine White Mini 9
OSX 10.5.6
HDD Activity LED
  (#3) Old
Default Re: LCD cable/connector - 02-03-2009, 10:59 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Tohsh!

I think the part i am looking for is: G558J LVDS cable only, 910

I found the part numbers for the mini 9 on this forum. Does anyone happen to have a good pic of the cable from the Mini 9 so i can make sure before i order one?

(#4) Old
Default Re: LCD (LVDS) cable/connector - 02-04-2009, 02:34 AM

I am not sure about a 900A But I do have a 900HA and can tell you no that it will not work.

XPS M1210 Owner
Mini 9 Owner
Dell Inspiron 530 Media Center
Dell Tech Support agent

« Replacing Motherboard Without WWAN Slot? | Computrace Work Around »