Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#11) Old
Default Re: WiFi card -use original ? upgrade ? or use external > - 01-27-2009, 02:10 PM

The Dell Wireless Switch is the application that comes up when you press Fn-2. It is preinstalled on Minis with XP Home - you can download it from the Dell drivers page if you don't have it.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#12) Old
Default Re: WiFi card -use original ? upgrade ? or use external > - 01-27-2009, 04:55 PM

thanks , my Mini is still being sent so I have never had one in my hands yet !

just ordered Mini 9 from DELL outlet, 8GB SSD , Windows XP Home, I need to figure out external battery pack and when I get it strip out extra bloatwear, otherwise I know very little about computers and lots about old VWs
  (#13) Old
Default Re: WiFi card -use original ? upgrade ? or use external > - 01-29-2009, 04:01 PM

I briefly toyed with the idea of upgrading my home network to draft-N, and swapping out the mini-G card for a draft-N card in my Mini 9 at the same time. But it turns out I get great performance out of the existing mini-G card that comes with the Mini 9. It actually works better than the wireless draft-N in my Dell XPS M1530 laptop; slightly better range and signal throughout the house.

« Okay, how about a speaker upgrade? | Upgrading to new SSD »