Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Any tips for installing the keyboard?? - 04-18-2012, 11:07 PM

Well... Not long ago, I installed a different system board, & the one thing that gave me a hard time was reconnecting the cable for the keyboard....

I don't think anything was wrong with the keyboard before disassembling my Mini 9. Now, however, only a few keys work. It's nothing my USB keyboard doesn't solve, but I would like a working keyboard.

Truthfully, I don't know if the jack on the board itself is bad, but I don't think it is. Everything looked fine to me, ahh, but I'm not an expert....

I'm considering ordering a replacement.... It's just I don't want to damage that one when I get it.....

Please post any tips you might have for me. Thanks!

============Learning Devices============

(#2) Old
Default 04-19-2012, 03:27 PM

Seems likely that you have not seated the ribbon connector properly. I would suggest removing the keyboard, being careful when unlatching the ribbon connector from the mainboard, and then reinstalling, again being careful with the ribbon connector. Use a small screwdriver to carefully undo the latches (moving them toward the screen) so that the ribbon pulls out freely. Then reinsert the ribbon fully and straight, then carefully push the latches back.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« IrDA on Mini9 | Does my Mini 9 have Bluetooth? »