Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Runcore SSD Warranty - 03-20-2012, 09:13 PM

Well My Runcore 64G SSD died recently. I called up the good folks at and they told me that although they only warranty the SSD for 2 years Runcore's manufacture warranty is much longer. They pointed me to Runcore's website and indeed it is. 3 years replacement 5 years repair. Thats great news my 64G SSD is still within the warranty period. All is good in the world.

It would be if someone from Runcore would either return my calls or answer my emails. Mydigitaldiscount actually gave me the phone # for Runcore's US office. I am now at two weeks and waiting for a reply. I kinda think they stopped answering the phone when I call now. I actually called them back when I was told by Runcore they would call me back with an answer in 15 minutes and never did.

So I understand not wanting to deal with a warranty issue.
Then don't post your warranty on your website.

Consider changing the terms so you won't have to deal with warranties.

Don't however say you will warranty and then don't.

Don't say you will answer emails then don't.

Don't say you will call me back then never do.

I will probably by another SSD and will in all likely be another Runcore. I don't think their products are bad. Customer service not so good. Trustworthy not so much. So I guess not everything I read on a manufactures website is true. Go figure.
  (#2) Old
Default 03-25-2012, 04:51 AM

I've been lucky both of my SSD's are around 3 years old now - unit gets very little use now so that has been one way to extend the life. Hope you get your replacement so far for the mini I believe runcore are the best.
  (#3) Old
Default 04-25-2012, 05:44 PM

If Runcore guarantees for 3 years, but does not deal with end users, and resellers only guarantee for two years then imho it's a scam. My 64GB obviously died on 25th month and I'm not going to buy another expensive and fragile ssd from this company.

| Mini 9 | 32GB RunCore Pro IV | 2GB Kingston | Flybook external DVD-RW | SL 10.6.8 |
  (#4) Old
Default 06-02-2012, 10:16 AM

Do you mean to say only RunCore produces the SSD for this purpose? Surely there must be other compatible products around. I am hoping to upgrade my Mini 9 without going the RunCore way if possible.

64gb ssd, runcore, runcore ssd, ssd, warranty

« Help urgently needed | Found my old Mini, touchscreen? »